Lately I have…
1) Been really bad at blogging. Blame it on a busy work schedule, a sneak-attack sore throat that lasted almost an entire week, and general laziness. Sorry! I’m trying to do exactly what this little print says:
[my mantra, lately]
2) (re)Taken up ballet/modern dance! I haven’t taken a legit dance class since law school, and even then, we only made it halfway through Jazz Dance at community college due to other commitments (i.e., finals). I’ve also never really taken ballet. I obviously know the foot positions, how to port de bras, and some really really basic terms, but this class is teaching me tons of new vocabulary, and it’s totally fun!
[ballet slippers, floor]
3) Lost the fight to stop Fatman from sleeping in my dresser drawers. It’s so frustrating to see all of my clothing covered in cat hair, but he looks so happy sleeping that I can’t bring myself to lift him out of the drawers. He’s also packed in there quite tightly, so I literally cannot lift him out of the drawers!
4) Welcomed some new friends to my arm party! I think I need Bangles Anonymous.
[from left: Renegade Cluster Bracelet, Serpent Bangle - Stella & Dot; Thin Gold Bracelets - Gifts from Grandma; Gold Link Bracelet, Small Gold Bangle With Etchings - T+J Designs]
5) Started rotating flats into my shoe wardrobe. Don’t get me wrong, I love my super-high heels, but I’ve recently found some amazing flat shoes (like the over-the-knee boots here) that are slowly making me see the light.
[flats - Halogen]
Here they are in action with a cozy weekend outfit.
[Dolman Sweatshirt - Old Navy; Faux Leather Leggings - H&M; Flats - Halogen; Headband - Goody; Ring - Gilt Groupe (can't remember the designer!)]
Here’s to getting back to blogging!
Read Full Post »